Monday, August 24, 2015

Nom, Nom, Nom... Spaghetti!!

So, I recently wrote about my spaghetti and thought I'd share the recipe with you. :) My family requests it whenever it's my turn to cook. I try to make enough for two nights but it usually is just for the night and maybe a lunch or two for the next day. It's a pretty basic recipe with a few added ingredients. (by the way I can't don't know the exact measurements for the spices and such because I eyeball and taste test it)

Spaghetti Meat Sauce Recipe

1-2 lbs of ground beef
2 medium onions
2 medium tomatoes
1 can of tomato sauce (16 oz)
1 can of tomato paste (8 oz)
Vegetable oil
1 cup of water
Oregano 
Basil
Garlic (powder or minced)
Salt
One large pot
wine
Preperation:

Chop the onions and tomatoes. Sautee the onions in the pot with some oil until they are slightly see through. Add the ground beef to the onions and fry for a few minutes. Add a little bit (aka a three shakes of the spice bottle) of the oregano, basil and garlic to the onions to give them some flavor. Give it a good stir and then add the meat. Once it is nearly all cooked add the tomatoes and a cup of water. As soon as the water begins to boil add the tomato sauce and tomato paste to the pot. Stir it some more. Add some more of the spices to enhance the flavor, three more shakes. Add a cup of water and some wine. I put in about 4 large spoonfuls of wine. Let it come to a boil and then turn down the heat to a simmer for about 30 minutes and stir every once in a while. While that's cooking make some pasta & enjoy! I hope you like this spaghetti recipe and much as we do :)



No comments:

Post a Comment