Wednesday, August 12, 2015

self help books...yes? no? which one?

I've been through some ups and downs in life and I'm pretty sure it's just the beginning. In some of the downs I looked to books for comfort and guidance. (They kind of hold a special place in my heart :) ) I'm a kid at heart so naturally the first thing I grab from my bookcase are comic books, Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson and Peanuts by Charles M. Schulz. They helped bring out the kid in me that knocked some sense in older me. But when comic books didn't quite help me the way I needed I went to a particular author's books, Max Lucado. (Facing your Giants and Traveling Light) His books are great! They helped me when I was down in the dumps. I admit that there are moments where I slip and fall but I know I can and will get back up stronger. I really love to read motivational quotes and really just about any quote. Something about reading a saying or proverb puts a smile on my face and I feel at ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment