Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Just one


Why do you taunt me
With your slick lines and cool moves?
Every time that I see you, I ache
Knowing that all I can do
Is watch
Not touch.
I just hope to one day
Feel your hand on my face 
And maybe then that blasted 
Tear will come down.
The sun’s rays keep me warm
My heart holds its beat
But then you appear
The orchestra goes out of tune.
Slowly I catch my breath 
Feels like I just ran a marathon.
So many questions come to mind
I just know the answers will hurt me 
Thankfully, my angel came
The pitter-patter of tears 
Failed to come rolling down my cheek.
His arms embracing me, his heart
And mine beat as one.
Now that he is here
There’s no need 
For your presence to hurt me anymore
My angel, my best friend arrived.
Everything changed
My life, now, has a different meaning.
I am indebted to him 
For helping me find 
A new pebble of hope,
One that reminded me of the pearly keys
From the grand piano.
His tune calmed me
Kept me happy
Maybe someday I will let that one tear go
Or maybe it already has gone with the 

Tears of joy when my angel came back.

written by yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment