Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Words.Many words

"Going to the library, Going to the library!" I love hearing that phrase with smiles on students' faces. We continuously remind them to read and look for books that "fit" them; not too hard or too easy to read and understand. Whenever I get the chance to join my little gremlins I turn into a kid myself, absolutely overjoyed to see a new picture book on the shelves ready to be checked out and read. Recently I joined a Kindergarten class in the library and had a blast :) I found some great books on the top of the bookcases and some that were hidden treasures, tucked away between two newer books just waiting for someone to read them again. Yes, I give books life. (insert teacher hashtag here, lol)
A book that two students were anxious to read was a book called, Sparky. That book made the list of books I'm buying for the kiddos I'll have one day. So, here's the list I have of books that are on my "must read" list. By the way you can totally find these at your local/school library, amazon, or barnes and noble...Staying in touch with my inner kid self.

1. Sparky! by Jenny Offill and Chris Appelhans


3. The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt

4. What do you do with an idea? by Kobi Yamada

5. Curdoroy by Don Freeman

6. If you give a Mouse a cookie by Laura Numeroff

7. Skippy Jon Jones by Judy Schachner

8. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom byBill Martin Jr. 

9. Bad Case of Stripes by David Shannon

10. The tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter

11. Snow by Uri Shulevitz

12. Knuffle Bunny by Mo Willems


-- fyi this is not an ad. Totes my own opinions :) --

No comments:

Post a Comment