Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Winter Blues

Well, here it is. That time of the year when you are tired of the short days and would like to see sunlight when you leave your job. I reached that point about two days ago. I wanted to hibernate until spring arrived; very tempting too but there's work to do. So, its out of the question.  
I am missing the warm rays of the sun, seeing the flowers bloom and leaves on trees, the refreshing taste of iced coffee on a hot summer day, and the long days with beautiful views at dawn and dusk. <---who writes dawn and dusk anymore? welp, that confirms it. I.need.sun!
Miami trip '15
So, what am I doing to keep my sanity...I'm looking back on my trip to Miami. Ah, yes :) That's where the sun is taking a vacay from those of us who live up in the northern states. Now back to reality, exercising helps some and it definitely keeps my knee injuries from flaring up. Writing down ideas for muh blog, updating planner, reading, and when my sewing machine wants to work I sew. It has a little attitude problem but I love him. Yes, my sewing machine is a him. Coffee and donuts/bagels/any pastry to keep me awake and thinking that it's still go time. The one thing that's always kept me sane during the winter blues in need of spring hues funk is TV. I watch classic films, classic TV shows like "I love Lucy" on DVD, new shows or movies. It all helps but there's nothing compared to the feeling of the spring sun on your skin.

Miami trip '15

So, What are you doing to keep yourself at bay from the winter blues?

No comments:

Post a Comment